I'm Max Bernstein.
I am a programmer and student at
Tufts University. I like to take photos
and ride bikes in the hills near my house. This fall, I signed with Facebook as a software engineer. I am looking forward to working on compilers there.
You can email me if you so
I like making things.
That's probably an understatement. Here are some of my favorite projects:
Many other class projects, while delightful, cannot be published due to
I've really enjoyed my classes.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Functional Programming with Torsten Grust, a class that dives deep into Haskell's type system and some FP theory
- Programming Languages with Kathleen Fisher, a class about building, proving, and comparing programming languages
- Compilers with Sam Guyer, a class about — guess what? — building compilers in ML
- Security CTF with Ming Chow, a half-credit course in which we build a secure device, swap with another school, and then break into theirs
- Concurrent Programming with Mark Sheldon, a class all about multithreading and parallel computation
- Operating Systems with Alva Couch, a class that does an in-depth study of Linux and common operating systems constructs
- Machine Structure & Intel Assembly Programming with Mark Sheldon, in which students spend around 40 hours per week writing obscene quantities of C
I kind of maintain a blog.
It's not very interesting just yet. Things are