Roasted vegetable pasta
Pick and choose which vegetables you like, in quantities you like. I like to go
heavy on the vegetables.
- olive oil
- bell pepper
- onion or shallot
- red sauce, optionally made from scratch
- pasta (rigatoni preferred, as usual)
- (optional) vegetarian “meat” crumbles
- (optional) basil leaves, for garnish
- (optional) your favorite cheese, for garnish
- Put water in a pot turn the stove on.
- Dice zucchini. Lightly salt and leave to drain in a colander.
- Dice other vegetables.
- Vegetable by vegetable, saute/sear each alone until you have some color. I
put onions and peppers together, though. Add salt as they are sauteing.
- In an empty pan, saute the garlic briefly (~30 seconds), before adding all
the pre-sauteed vegetables.
- Dump the pasta in the boiling water. Cook al dente (1-2 minutes less than
- Add red sauce.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for a couple of minutes. Add salt and pepper to
taste. Sometimes I like to add a bit of paprika and cayenne.
- When pasta is finished, dump out water. Dump sauce on top. Stir. Turn the
burner off; the residual sauce heat will finish cooking the pasta.
- Serve. If you have them, sprinkle some basil leaves on top.